Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mmmm..Lasagna!

I have a wide variety of lasagnas I make.  Chicken lasagna, veggie lasagna, plus multiple meat lasagnas from different recipe books.  The time finally came for me to do my own thing..and we LOVED it!!!

Ingredients:
~2lb lean ground sausage
~1 small-medium onion, finely chopped
~1 red pepper, finely chopped
~1 1/2-2 jars of marinara sauce (depending on how chunky versus juicy you like it)
~3 cloves of garlic (or you can use garlic powder)
~1 box of oven-ready lasagna noodles
~2 cups shredded mozzarella
~cottage cheese (I get the largest container and use about 2/3 of it)
~spinach
~Italian seasoning
~salt and pepper

Directions:
~Brown the sausage, onion, and pepper.  If you are using minced garlic, add it now. Drain and rinse (you will want to rinse to get rid of as much grease as possible or else your lasagna is super greasy).

~Pour back in pan.  Add marinara sauce and sprinkle with salt and pepper (and the garlic powder if that's what you're using).


~In a bowl mix the cottage cheese with 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning (more if you like it), and sprinkle with more pepper and salt.
~To assemble lasagna, grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a 9x13 pan.  Preheat to oven to 375.  Pour just enough meat mixture in the pan to barely cover it.  Layer with noodles, spinach, cottage cheese mixture, sprinkle with mozzarella. I did two layers like that.  I had a bit of meat left over so after the second layer I added the rest of the meat, a bit of the cottage cheese, then lots of mozzarella. 
~Bake, covered, at 375 for 30 minutes.  Remove the foil and cook another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.  Let stand at least 15 minutes before cutting in order for it to thicken and hold together.  
We have tried LOTS of lasagna recipes and definitely have some favorites.  But, I have to admit, this was DELICIOUS!!!!  The kids ate tons, I enjoyed it, and Cory couldn't get enough of it!!  He said it was his favorite one!  Yuuumm!!  We ate it with a delicious green salad!  I hope you like it as much as we do!  Enjoy!

Have a happy day~Kasey

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment