Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Assessment...and Godhead overview!

Our Sunday School class is using the same curriculum, with the same topics as last year.  I have nine of the same students and didn't want to bore them.  I went through all of the topics and sub topics and noticed the questions at the end.  I ended up making an assessment of the kids to fill out, completely anonymously!  Here is my questionnaire!!  


Rank each statement with a number, 1-5, with 1 being very unsure, and 5 being very sure.



I know how the Spirit speaks to me personally. 1 2 3 4 5
I know how to learn about my Father by using the scriptures. 1 2 3 4 5
I understand how to help others learn truths about Heavenly Father. 1 2 3 4 5
I recognize the Lord’s influence in my life. 1 2 3 4 5
I believe in God. 1 2 3 4 5
I am confident that I will serve a mission/marry in the temple. 1 2 3 4 5
I understand how to teach by the Spirit. 1 2 3 4 5
I understand the importance of the Plan of Salvation. 1 2 3 4 5
I see the symbolism of teaching the gospel in conjunction with the Plan of Salvation. 1 2 3 4 5
I feel I can influence others in Church settings to learn about the Gospel. 1 2 3 4 5
I believe I understand the doctrines of the Gospel enough to help others understand them  1 2 3 4 5
I can recognize the use of the Atonement in my life. 1 2 3 4 5
I know where to learn about the Atonement in the scriptures. 1 2 3 4 5
I know how to teach others about the Atonement. 1 2 3 4 5
I truly believe that I completely comprehend the Atonement. 1 2 3 4 5
I know the importance of teaching pure doctrine instead of opinions. 1 2 3 4 5
I think the Apostasy and the Restoration relates to me. 1 2 3 4 5
I understand the Apostasy and Restoration enough to teach others about it. 1 2 3 4 5
I feel I can really learn from the Latter-Day Prophet and Apostles. 1 2 3 4 5
I could use improvement in my scripture study. 1 2 3 4 5
Being reverent helps me receive revelation. 1 2 3 4 5
I understand the different, yet equal, roles between women and the Priesthood. 1 2 3 4 5
I can learn about the Priesthood from the scriptures. 1 2 3 4 5
I can effectively teach others about the Priesthood. 1 2 3 4 5
I know the difference between Ordinances and Covenants. 1 2 3 4 5
I can teach others the differences between Ordinances and Covenants. 1 2 3 4 5
I can effectively use the scriptures to learn about Ordinances and Covenants. 1 2 3 4 5
I need to prepare now to attend the Temple. 1 2 3 4 5
Partaking of the sacrament is meaningful to me. 1 2 3 4 5
I keep a journal. 1 2 3 4 5
Keeping a journal is important. 1 2 3 4 5
I know how to do family history. 1 2 3 4 5
It is important to know my family history. 1 2 3 4 5
It is important to keep the commandments. 1 2 3 4 5
I can help others understand my standards. 1 2 3 4 5
Modesty is important to me. 1 2 3 4 5
Keeping the commandments helps me learn more about the Gospel. 1 2 3 4 5
Heavenly Father blesses me when I keep the commandments. 1 2 3 4 5
I can use the scriptures to help me become more Christ-like. 1 2 3 4 5
I can inspire others to be more Christ-like. 1 2 3 4 5
I know how to be spiritually self-reliant. 1 2 3 4 5
Setting goals is important. 1 2 3 4 5
I need to prepare now to be financially self-reliant. 1 2 3 4 5
Service is important. 1 2 3 4 5
I understand the Second Coming and the signs of it. 1 2 3 4 5
I know how to learn about the Second Coming in the scriptures. 1 2 3 4 5
It is important for me to teach the Gospel to others. 1 2 3 4 5

One of the things I am really struggling to understand is…







You can best help me as a teacher by…




 This actually worked SO well!!!  A couple kids came up and talked to me about their open-ended questions, but most kept theirs anonymous and it has already been such a HUGE help for me in preparing my lessons!!!  

Feel free to use and enjoy!!!  

Since this took up the majority of the time, we had a simple handout for them. Which I found here.

Each class member was assigned a scripture.  We read them aloud.  Once each section was completed we discussed what we were those scriptures told us about the Godhead.  I was impressed with the amount of 
notes they each took in their journals!  So far~a hit!! 

Have a happy day~Kasey
 
 
Follow me!


No comments:

Post a Comment