Friday, February 7, 2014

Fish Tacos

I am so not a fan of fish~really...not at all!!  But~I know it is really healthy and that seasonings can make all the difference..so I tried another new fish recipe!  The Biggest Loser Fish Tacos!!!  I didn't change much in these tacos..but I did a little..so here goes!!

Fish:

2 pound of boneless, skinless, tilapia
Juice from one lime
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder

Fillings:

Whole grain flour tortillas ( I use the medium size tortillas)  
1 avocado, mashed
8 oz. bag of Mexican cheese
Rojos mild salsa
A few stalks of freshly chopped cilantro
1/2 of a head of cabbage, finely shredded

Directions:

~To prepare fish:  Place fish in a baking pan and sprinkle with the lime juice, paprika, salt, pepper, and chili powder.  Cover and refrigerate (marinating) for about 30 minutes.

~Preheat grill to medium-high heat.

~Lightly spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.  Place fish, in single layer, in the foil.  Fold foil and lift up and seal sides, sealing fish in juices.  Place on preheated grill and cook for 10 minutes.  Remove from grill.

~Wrap tortillas in foil and place on warm grill for 2 minutes to warm.

~Of course you can assemble the tacos any way you like, but I did it this was: tortilla with avocado spread, topped with fish, cheese, pico/salsa, cabbage, cilantro. 

They were really pretty good.  Again~I don't like fish, but I ate two of them!  My husband ate three, and had three more for his dinner at work tonight!  The kids each finished their one and one had another half!  Some of them don't like fish, so to hear them say they wanted to add this one to our recipe book~that was a relief!!  If you try these~I sure hope you enjoy them!!!!

Have a happy day~Kasey


Follow me!


No comments:

Post a Comment