Friday, February 7, 2014

Southwestern Turkey Salad

As I was searching the Biggest Loser website I came across this Southwestern Turkey Salad and knew I had to give it a shot!  I doubled it..here's my doubled version!




Dressing:

1 cup of Greek-style vanilla yogurt
4 tablespoons of BBQ sauce (I used honey BBQ sauce)
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander

Turkey:

Olive oil
1/2 a diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 lb. boneless, skinless turkey..(I used Jennie-O turkey ham), cut into 1/2 inch thick strips or cubes
craisins

Directions:

~In bowl combine yogurt, BBQ sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and coriander.  Mix well. Set aside.

~Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes.  Add garlic and cook almost 1 minute.  Add turkey strips and cook another 4 minutes.  

~Add the turkey mixture to the dressing mixture. Add craisins.  Stir well.

~We filled our plates with a bed of romaine lettuce then topped with a spoonful of the turkey/dressing mixture.  

The kids really enjoyed this one...me..not so much!  It actually tasted great but I am just a really picky meat person.  I don't care much for turkey and I'm so-so about ham..so a turkey ham was pretty low on my list of yummy foods! :D  If you like turkey you should love this one! I really love the flavors and would make some of the dressing just to put on my lunch salads each day!  Yum!!  Most of the kids had seconds!  We were a bit weary at first because the lettuce looks pretty bland...but if you eat a meat and lettuce in a bite or mix it well on your plate it's the perfect amount of sauce for it all!!  The kids definitely wanted this one in our recipe book!!!  

Have a happy day~Kasey


Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment