Friday, May 23, 2014

Tuna cakes

Need a quick and easy lunch or dinner??  This recipe is perfect!!!  This recipe from the Biggest Loser, is for one person. (or one cake per person for three people)  Here's my version for our family of seven!



Ingredients:
4 cans of tuna
4 eggs 
1 green onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped (I do mine super small because I think it holds better than bigger chunks)
Sprinkle, or two, of garlic powder~OR~ 1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs

Directions:
1~Mix all ingredients together. Mix well to break up that egg!!
2~Shape the mixture into small balls, about a ping-pong ball size, then use your hand to smash them flat.
3~Pan fry (or use a griddle) over medium heat for 4 minutes per side.  If you aren't using a non-stick skillet, spray some olive oil spray on your pan for easy flipping.  

Add a side and serve it up!  We usually serve alongside a delicious green salad!


This is a family favorite, even my kids love it (while my husband wants to eat all of them)!!  Enjoy!!

Have a happy day~Kasey

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment