Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Treat stoplight!!

We planned a SURPRISE trip to Disneyland for the kids!  Wahoo!! Total awesomness! But..I knew I needed something for the car ride.  So..the first thing I made was the stoplight!  
Super easy.  It's just thick paper, cardstock type.  (my only tip..that I didn't do..make it wide/large enough to fit the next items..because mine was a little too small so I will need to make another, slightly larger stoplight for the next car ride).

Then I got out all my scrapbooking paper.  I matched up cute papers.  I had chipboard alphabet packages that I used for the kids' first initial.  After gluing the papers together, I hot glued it to the clothespin. I made one for each and they were totally cute!!  




 Now, what's the point of this?  Well.  It's for good behavior!  When we stopped at a gas station, whoever was not on red got to pick out a treat.  I planned the trip so I had us stopping about every two hours.  With five kids and over 10 stops, we only did it every other stop, but it worked very well!  They got three warnings then they were moved to yellow.  Three more and they were moved to red.  We only had someone on red once.  She hated it!  The other kids felt so badly!  I loved this and we will be using it for any trip where we have multiple stops between point A and point B!

Have a happy day~Kasey

Follow me!

2 comments:

  1. Fun ideas. We just went on a day trip today and I would have used this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really worked so well and it was so quick and easy to make! :D

      Delete