Monday, January 26, 2015

Baptism Prep FHE

Ever since my kids were toddlers, I knew I wanted them to really understand the choice they were making when it was time to get baptized.  I don't want them to do it because I want them to or because they think they should.  I want them to understand what covenants they are making and what it really means to get baptized.  

Last night we had our first "Great to be 8" that the stake puts on for those turning 8 this year.  It was so exciting and sad!  I am so thrilled for them but I am sad my first babes are old enough to be to this point in life!  How is that possible?!?!  It was a great spirit and I only hope I can keep that spirit and understanding through the year.  

These two won't get baptized until December, so I have a year to continue working with them.  I have outlined 12 family home evening lessons on different aspects of baptism.  Every second Monday of the month I will do an FHE lesson.  I will come back to this page to link up each outline with the lesson post.  These are tentative lessons.  As I get into the thick of planning them, I might combine some, or change some all together!  Enjoy!!


2~The Baptism of Jesus
3~ What is Baptism
4~Steps to Baptism
5~Faith in Jesus Christ
6~Baptismal Covenants
7~Baptismal Gifts
8~Holy Ghost
9~Repentence
10~Testimony
11~Sacrament
12~Endure to the End

Have a happy day~Kasey

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment